Ministerial Miscellany April 2023 Spring Cleaning??
Anyone ever heard of Spring Cleaning? Well, let’s take that to another level! I think more than we need to clean our houses, we need to refresh our minds. We need to reach out from the daily chatter(clutter) to remember that the words we mumble to ourselves all day to ourselves are the words that are creating our future. If we haven’t realized (in our minds and hearts) what we want now, we may never find it. We are pretty creative, (I know we all have heard this before)..
Unfortunately we are not usually aware of what we say to ourselves all day, so first we can be aware of what we are thinking and feeling. How are you feeling right now: good? Not so good? Great!!? How you feel at any moment is a great window into your life. Decide to feel better than you may think things really are. I am sure that I do not have all the information I need to make any judgments whatsoever, so my next best thought might be: I am the one who decides and I might as well like what I am creating. At any moment, I can choose to feel better.
Sometimes it is easier to be happier when spring finally comes and here at Interfaith in April there are soo many interesting and delightful things to do, in person and by Zoom. See lots of information on our website: interfaithspirit.org.
- Sunday, April 2nd is our annual meeting and Board election. It will be over by the time you read this. I hope you were able to attend this very important Interfaith community gathering.
- Sunday, April 9, we will have an Easter Potluck after the service. Bring a dish to share.
- Saturday, April 8th is Cafe 704 with Marlena Studer and a group of musicians and dancers in the style of the Roaring 20’s known as the Speak-Easy Sisters and the Gin-Joint Jammers! They will teach us how to dance! Information and tickets on our website.
- Sunday, April 16th, Fritz Sauer is our guest speaker and he will be presenting a two part workshop on April 16th and April 22. The focus is teaching us how to manage stress. I have been in classes with Fritz, and the techniques are very simple, easy to learn, life changing practices. More information will be available soon.
- Wednesday, April 26 come and sing with Matt Watroba at 7PM at the Center.. This is our 3rd Community sing, everybody I have talked to loves it.
- Saturday, April 29th, last but not least, is our 25th Anniversary Silver Ball! We are almost at capacity, so please respond to your invitation if you have not done so, and if you didn’t receive an invitation, text Delyth at 734-657-5384. This event will have music by Peter Madcat Ruth and C.A.R.M.A.
I will see you at many of these events. Many Blessings, Annie